OUR HONG KONG FOUNDATION
- China and Hong Kong – An Intertwined Economic Relationship: Charting the Way Forward for Hong Kong Summit
- Yes, Hong Kong CAN! Economic Summit
- Prof. Lap-Chee Tsui – OHKF, InnoTech Expo 2016 Forum
Our Hong Kong Foundation’s (OHKF) research “Yes, Hong Kong CAN!” pointed out a number of opportunities for future development of Hong Kong, and urged the Hongkongers to expand the role of Hong Kong as global financial center and at the same time to develop other sectors such as innovation and venture capital, creative arts, and international professional services.
As the world’s economy slows down and Chinese economy enters the ‘new normal’, Hong Kong must adjust its path forward accordingly. We must think outside the box to realize our full potential, and maintain growth and prosperity. The summit, titled “Yes, Hong Kong CAN!”, featured Prof Lawrence Lau, Vice-Chairman of OHKF and Ralph and Claire Landau Professor of Economics at The Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Professor Lawrence Lau discussed the future development of Hong Kong’s economy in panel discussion with four exceptional business leaders and scholars. From left to right: Dr Victor Fung, Dr Y. K. Wong, Prof. Lawrence Lau, Mr Vincent Lo, and Professor Tony F.
LUI CHE WOO PRIZE – PRIZE FOR WORLD CIVILIZATION
Founded by Dr. LUI Che Woo on 24 September 2015, the “LUI Che Woo Prize – Prize for World Civilisation” (“the LUI Che Woo Prize”) is an annual, first of its kind, international, cross-sector and innovative award for advancing world civilisation and inspiring people to build a more harmonious world.
The LUI Che Woo Prize aims to recognize and honor individuals or organisations all over the world with outstanding achievements and contributions in respect of the following three objectives:
LUI Che Woo Prize 2017 for:
- Specific Area of Focus on “Prevention of Climate Change” (Sustainability Prize) was awarded to Xie Zhenhua.
- Specific Area of Focus on “Alleviation of Poverty” (Welfare Betterment Prize) was awarded to Landesa.
- Specific Area of Focus on “Promotion of Harmony among Diverse Groups” (Positive Energy Prize) was awarded to The International Paralympic Committee (IPC).
LUI Che Woo Prize 2016 for:
- Sustainable development of the world (Sustainability Prize) was awarded to Professor Yuan Longping
- Betterment of the welfare of mankind (Welfare Betterment Prize) was awarded to Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) – represented by Dr. Chiels Liu Chen-Kun
- Promotion of positive life attitude and enhancement of positive energy (Positive Energy Prize) was awarded to Mr. James Earl “Jimmy” Carter, Jr. – represented by Mr. James Earl “Chip” Carter III